Publication in the Diário da República: Registo Alteração R/Cr 295.1/2015 de 10-08-2018
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 3,0 OT
- Liliana Cristina Vidais Rosa
Proficiency in English
A. Understand the term Visual Culture as an interdisciplinary field of study.
B. Develop analytical and critical capacity in the face of works or artistic objects that show formal intertextuality.
C. Analyze and understand the audiovisual complexity of cinema, in terms of form and meaning.
D. Understand the relationship between Visual Culture, quality education (4 ODS) and reducing inequalities (10 ODS).
1. Visual Culture as an interdisciplinary field of study.
1.1. Visual Culture as a result of the convergence of approaches from different areas of knowledge.
1.2. The creative and technical interaction between different artistic domains.
2. Reciprocity between cinema and other artistic domains (4 ODS: quality education; 10 ODS: reducing inequalities).
2.1. Literature and cinema: the visible text
2.2. Theater and cinema: persona, character and model
2.3. Painting and cinema: the interior of the image
2.4. Music and cinema: tonality and emotion
2.5. Dance and cinema: the total movement
2.6. Photography and cinema: the ontology of the image
2.7. Architecture and cinema: space
3. Analysis, elaboration and presentation of texts about films.
1. Continuous assessment
1.1 Regular exercises (in groups of three students) on the films being discussed in class (48%): 12 exercises (each exercise is worth 4%)
1.2 Individual written work (52%): oral presentation is worth 15%; written work is worth 37%.
2. Exam-based assessment
2.1 The same individual written work will be requested as in the context of continuous assessment (52%) and a supplementary exercise proposed for the examination situation (48%)
The assessment is carried out in accordance with the provisions of Art. 11 of the Academic Regulations for IPT Schools. Students who obtain a grade equal to or greater than 10 values are exempt from the Exam.
- Oliveira, A. e Pereira, A. e Rosa, L. e Penafria, M. e Araújo, N. (2019). Cinema e Outras Artes: Diálogos e Inquietudes Artísticas II. Covilhã: Livros Labcom, Coleção Ars.
- Oliveira, A. e Pereira, A. e Rosa, L. e Penafria, M. e Araújo, N. (2019). Cinema e Outras Artes: Diálogos e Inquietudes Artísticas I. Covilhã: Livros Labcom, Coleção Ars.
- Arnheim, R. (1957). Film as Art. California: University of California Press
- Gil, J. (2005). A imagem-nua e as pequenas perceções. Lisboa: Relógio D'Água Editores
1. Theoretical-practical lectures.
2. Film viewing and analysis.
3. Practical-laboratory classes for the elaboration of written exercises.
Software used in class
1. Platform used
1.1 Microsoft Teams
2. Software necessary to apply the acquired knowledge
2.1 Microsoft Word
2.2 Adobe Acrobat Reader
2.3 VLC Media Player
2.4 QuickTime Player