4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 15,0 TP
Acquire skills in the area of Geographic Information Systems, namely in the techniques of representation of geographic information exploration, management and processing.
1.Introduction to geographic information technologies;
2.Data representation models
3.Georeferencing and Coordinate Systems
4.Spatial positioning techniques in the acquisition of geographic information;
5.Geoprocessing and cartographic production
- Practical work in GIS (Report)
- Conolly, J. e Lake, M. (2006). Geographical Information Systems in Archaeology. (Vol. I). Cambridge : Cambridge Manuals in Archaeology
- Burrough, P. (1998). Principles of Geographical Information Systems. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-333). Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Gillings, M. e Wheatley, D. (2002). Spatial Technology and Archaeology: The Archaeological Applications of GIS.. (Vol. 1). London: Taylor Francis
- Matos, J. (2008). Fundamentos de Informação Geográfica. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Lidel
Theoretical-practical classes based on the teaching / learning processes that combine exposure, demonstration and application in practical case studies using GIS software.
Software used in class