Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP
- Rui Manuel Domingos Gonçalves
Elementary - Analysis, Calculus and Trigonometry.
Students are expected to familarize themselves with the fundamental laws of dynamics and be able to think rationally, applying it to concrete physical situations, obtaining , analyzing and understanding the various results and their validity limits.
1-Dimensions and Physical Units. Experimental measures.
2-The various branches of physics and its applications.
Students are evaluated by their performance in class and written tests at the end of the semester.
- Gonçalves, R. (2015). Sebenta de Física I. ESTT-IPT: UDMF-ESTT-IPT
- Costa, M. e Almeida, M. (2004). Fundamentos de Física. Coimbra: Almedina
- Alonso & Finn, .. (1972). Física um curso universitário. (Vol. I e II). .: Addison Wesley
- Hewitt, P. (2002). Física Conceitual. .: Bookman
Method of interaction
Students are encouraged to regularly study the course material, to weekly perform the exercises/practical problems and to participate in class.
Software used in class