Design and Graphic Arts
3 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 TP + 2,0 O
- Miguel Alexandre Pereira Sanches
The fundamentals of Adobe Indesign.
1. Final digital files for high quality printing;
2. Best practices for typography, colour management and images;
3. Generating files for offset printing according to ISO 12647.
1. File formats, print marks, bleed and slug;
2. Fonts management;
3. Color management;
4. Bitmap and vetorial images check-up;
5. Indesign Live Preflight tools;
6. Indesign package and pdf files.
Continuous assessment: three practical assignments (90%); attendance and class performance (10%)
Exams in approved examination periods.
- McCUE, C. (2014). Real World Print Production with Adobe Creative Cloud. San Jose, California: Peachpit
- SOPLON, L. (2011). On Print ? from the screen to paper and vice versa. Barcelona: Indexbook
- MOREIRA, L. (2009). Arte-final Digital. Tomar: IPT
- AMBROSE, G. e HARRIS, P. (2010). The Visual Dictionary of Pre-Press & Production. London: AVA Publishing
Method of interaction
1.Lectures and demos supported by datashow
2.Tutorials and exercises including problem solving.
Software used in class
Adobe Indesign, Adobe Photoshop e Adobe Acrobat.