Design and Graphic Arts
3 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 TP + 2,0 O
- Miguel Alexandre Pereira Sanches
Basic knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
1. Final digital files for high quality printing;
2. Best practices for typography, colour management and images;
3. Generating files for offset printing according to ISO 12647.
1. Creating files: dimensions and definition of workspace;
2. Adequate image formats;
3. Image adjustments;
4. Linked or embedded images;
5. Appropriate resolution;
6. Correction and verification of text;
7. Typography and type management;
8. Color composition;
9. Creation and use of ICC profiles;
10. Transparencies, trapping and overlapping;
11. Application Color Settings;
12. Color proof;
13. Creation of PDF files;
15. PDF presets;
16. Communicate with the printing company;
17. Technical specifications.
Continuous assessment: practical assignments (90%) and class participation (10%).
Evaluation at the time of examination and appeal with resolution of a embracing practical exercise.
- AMBROSE, G. (2010). The Visual Dictionary of Pre-Press & Production. London: AVA Publishing
- McCUE, C. (2014). Real World Print Production with Adobe Creative Cloud. San José, California: Peachpit
- MOREIRA, L. (2009). Arte-final Digital. Tomar: IPT
- , . e SOPLON, L. (2011). On Print: from the screen to paper and vice versa. Barcelona: Indexbook
Method of interaction
1. Lectures and demos supported by datashow
2. Tutorials and exercises including problem solving.
Software used in class
Adobe Indesign, Adobe Photoshop e Adobe Acrobat.