Printing - offset I
Design and Graphic Arts
7 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 105,0 TP + 4,0 OT + 3,0 O
1- Students are expected to be able to perform colour proofs and prepare moulds for different printing processes.
2- They should also be able to operate offset printing machinery, detect and fix problems that may occur during the printing process.
1.1- Classification of offset machinery;
1.2- Main components of offset machinery;
2.1- Preparing an offset printing equipment;
2.2- Printing on a small format sheetfeed offset printing equipment;
3.1- Impositions proof;
3.2- Colour proof;
4.1- Making the printing plate;
5.1- Quality control.
Continuous assessment includes the work done in class and a written test and/or theoretical coursework. The end-of-semester test(examination) will cover only the theoretical component.
- Evans, P. (2004). Forms, Folds & Sizes. Massachusetts: Rockport Publishing
- Pipes, A. (2001). Production for Graphic Designers ? Third Edition. Londres: Laurence King
- Reverte, S. e Formenti, J. (2008). La Imagen Gráfica y su Reproducción. Barcelona: Ediciones CPG
- Baer, L. (1999). Produção Gráfica. S. Paulo: SENAC
- Casals, R. (1987). Offset: Control de calidad. Barcelona: Du Pont-Howson
- Walk, H. e Rosner, H. (2000). Artes Gráficas - Transferência e impressão de informações. São Paulo: ABTG
- Barbosa, C. (2009). Manual prático de produção gráfica. Lisboa: Principia
- Kipphan, H. (2001). Handbook of Print Media: technologies and production methods. Berlin: Springer-Verlag
Method of interaction
1- Lectures supported by audiovisual resources.
2- Hands-on practical exercises individually or as part of a team.
Software used in class