Design and Graphic Arts
5.5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 4,0 OT
Students should learn the key tools and concepts in the field of electronic text processing and vector drawing and be able to apply them to graphic design and technology.
- Introduction to Informatics.
- Concepts of hardware and software.
- Creation and edition of a text file using letterpress printing rules.
- Digital imaging; distinction between bitmap and vector images.
- Edition and production of vector images
Ongoing assessment: 2/3 attendance. Exempt from taking exam:mimimum mark of 10/20. Practical assignments. Excluded from final assessment: 2/3 attendance and <10 assignments.
Final assessment: 2/3 attendance. Final practical examination.
- LÉLIS, C. (2009). Illustrator CS3 & CS4 - Curso Completo. Lisboa: FCA - Editora de Informática, Lda.
- Adobe Creative Team, . (2010). Adobe Illustrator CS5: Classroom in a book. New Jersey: Adobe Press
- Adobe Creative Team, . (2012). Adobe Illustrator CC Classroom in a Book. New Jersey: Adobe Press
- Adobe Creative Team, . (2012). Adobe Illustrator CS6: Classroom in a book. New Jersey: Adobe Press
Method of interaction
Lectures supported by audiovisual resources.
Execution of practical exercises throughout the semester.
Document creation, edition and preparation.
Software used in class