Multimedia Design II
Design and Graphic Arts
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 4,0 OT
- João Manuel de Sousa Nunes Costa Rosa
Vectorial draw and image manipulation software
I Film language
II Acquire critical skills
III Contact with motion graphics/animations
IV Script-based design
V Transform images in animated stories
VI Design sequential stories
VIII Economic use of effects
IX Software Exploration
X Develop future skills
Content structured as:
1) An overview of film-making stages, multimedia area, design and animation.
2) Content and information related with the creative stage, including tools, specifique procedures and software
3)Content and information related with production stage or experimental stage.
Visual script as an assessment plan
Tailor-made exercises of software manipulation
Tailor-made experimental exercises
Teaching as a way of detection and control
Projects assessment in mid-term or final assessment periods.
- Bellantoni, J. (1999). Type in motion. londres: Thames & Hudson
- Bellantoni, J. (2000). Moving type. Hove: Rotovision
- Grilo, J. (2010). As lições do cinema. Lisboa: Colibri
- Arijon, D. (1999). Grammaire du langage filmé. Paris: Dujarric
Method of interaction
A)Lectures using illustrative examples
B)Animation aand motion graphics analysis
C)Relation between visual script and specific tutorials
D)Animation proposals discussion
E)OneDrive as a pedagogical resource
F)Software-actor design relationship
Software used in class
Vectorial animation tools and post production animation tools.
Vectorial draw tools.
Image manipulation tools.