Graphic Design IV
Design and Graphic Arts
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 4,0 OT
- Maria João Bom Mendes dos Santos
1. Distinguish between different communication design projects.
2. Develop critical skills and have a general panorama of graphic design.
3. Be able to produce stand-alone quality work.
1. Study of typeface design.
2. Structured and analytical approaches to graphic design.
3. Making effective and substantial image judgements.
4. Pedagogical and human factores aspects of graphic design.
5. Graphic design projects.
Two projects throughout the semester. The project has two assessments on stipulated dates and one final assessment (mid-term or end of semester) in which projects must be completed and presented.
- Moles, A. (1990). O cartaz. São Paulo: Editora Perspectiva
- Aicher, O. (1967). Sistemas de signos en la comunicaçión visual. Barcelona: Editorial Gustavo Gili
- Gray, N. (1986). A history of lettering. Oxford: Phaidon Oxford
- Frutiger, A. (2001). En torno de la tipografia. Barcelona: Editorial Gustavo Gili
Method of interaction
1. Lectures making use of datashow and audiovisual resources.
Software used in class