Current Conservation Issues
Mestrado em Conservação e Restauro
3 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 S + 2,0 OT
- António João de Carvalho da Cruz
- Fernando dos Santos Antunes
- Fernando Manuel Conceição Costa
- Carla Maria P. Calado Rodrigues do Rego
- Ricardo Pereira Triães
- Ana Patrícia Bidarra dos Santos Lourenço
- Ângela Sofia Alves Ferraz
a) Understand the complex relationships between conservators and the society
b) Understand the relationship between the C&R and the other areas of knowledge
c) Recognize C&R as an evolving area
f) Recognize the importance of the research in C&R
Seminars, taught by teachers of the course, especially the conservators, and guests, where are addressed and discussed problems currently faced by C&R, namely: the public image of C&R, the relationship between the conservator-restorer and the owners of the works and the market, the relationship of C&R with museology and tourism, the intervention of C&R in academic context and in work environment, professional challenges, the C&R of ephemeral art, and the integrated heritage issues.
Compulsory attendance classes.
The evaluation is carried out through a written work on one of the subjects addressed and its oral presentation and discussion.
- Williams, E. (2014). The Public Face of Conservation. London: Archetype Publications
- Vadi, V. e Schneider, H. (2014). Art, Cultural Heritage and the Market. Ethical and Legal Issues. Berlin: Springer
- Richmond, A. e Bracker, A. (2009). Conservation. Principles, Dilemmas and Uncomfortable Truths. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann
- Schädler-Saub, U. e Weyer, A. (2010). Theory and Practice in the Conservation of Modern and Contemporary Art: Reflections on the Roots and the Perspectives. London: Archetype Publications
Method of interaction
Seminars with the presentation of the subjects by the teachers or the guests followed by its discussion with the students.
Software used in class