Entrepreneurship and Innovation
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP
Elements of Management.
The aim of the course is to encourage the entrepreneurial spirit of the students, providing them with a generic view on the phenomenon of entrepreneurship and its determinants, providing them with the main concepts, models and tools for creating and managing new businesses (start-ups).
I - INTRODUCTION TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP
II - THE ENTREPRENEUR
III - THE PROCESS OF INNOVATION AND IDENTIFICATION OF OPPORTUNITIES.
IV - THE BUSINESS PLAN.
- Group Project (Technical evaluation) : 40%
- Group Project (Business Plan): 40%
- Participation assessment: 20%
Examination for students who fail ongoing assessment
- Dantas, J. e Moreira, A. (2011). O processo de inovação. Lisboa: LIDEL
- Costa, T. e Carvalho, L. (2015). Empreendedorismo: uma visão global e integradora. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Sarkar, S. (2014). Empreendedorismo e Inovação. Lisboa: Escolar Editora
- Osterwalder, A. e Pigneur, Y. e Bernarda, G. e Smith, A. (2015). Criar Propostas de Valor. Lisboa: D. Quixote
Method of interaction
Lectures supported by case study analysis. The students will develop Business Plans with the lecturer's guidance and support.
Software used in class