Printing - offset I
Design and Graphic Arts, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 3359/2013 - 01/03/2013
7 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 105,0 TP + 4,0 OT + 3,0 O
1- Students are expected to be able to perform and prepare matrices for different printing processes.
2- They should also be able to operate offset printing machinery, detect and fix problems that may occur during the printing process.
1- Offset machinery;
1.1- Classification of offset machinery;
1.2- Main components of offset machinery;
2- Preparing an offset printing equipment.
2.1- Preparing an offset printing equipment;
2.2- Printing on a small format sheetfeed offset printing equipment;
3- Produce printing material in 1, 2 and 4 colors;
3.1- Impositions proof;
3.2- Colour proof;
4- Preparation of printing plates;
4.1- Photografic processes;
4.1- Producing diferent printing matrix;
5- Quality control.
Continuous assessment considers the components described below with the following weighting:
OFFSET - 60% practical work done in class with a minimum mark of 10/20 ; 35% written test with a minimum mark of 10/20; 5% for attendance.
PRINTING PLATE MAK
- Pipes, A. (2001). Production for Graphic Designers. Londres: Laurence King
- Kipphan, H. (2001). Handbook of Print Media: technologies and production methods. Berlin: Springer-Verlag
- Johansson, K. e Ryberg, R. e Lundberg, P. (2011). A Guide to Graphic Print Production. New Jersey: Wiley & Sons
- Evans, P. (2004). Forms, Folds & Sizes. Massachusetts: Rockport Publishing
- Casals, R. (1987). Offset: Control de calidad. Barcelona: Du Pont-Howson
- Barbosa, C. (2009). Manual prático de produção gráfica. Lisboa: Principia
- Bann, D. (2007). The All New Print Production Handbook. New York: Watson-Guptill Publications
- Baer, L. (1999). Produção Gráfica. S. Paulo: SENAC
- Formentí, J. e Reverte, S. (2008). La Imagen Gráfica y su Reproducción. Barcelona: Ediciones CPG
- Rosner, H. e Walk, H. (2000). Artes Gráficas - Transferência e impressão de informações. São Paulo: ABTG
Method of interaction
1- Lectures supported by audiovisual resources.
2- Hands-on practical exercises individually or as part of a team.
Software used in class