Design and Graphic Arts
4.5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 PL + 2,0 O
- António Martiniano Ventura
Understand the photographic process, its evolution and application as a method of recording, producing, reproducing and disseminating images.
Provide the development of conceptual and operational skills to carry out "photo-graphic" products.
1 - Photography as a process, and its areas of interest: the Object, the Camera and the Registry;
2 - Light and Object: basic lighting techniques in photography;
3 - The formation of the image: framing, exposure control, focus and sharpness;
4 - The formation of the image: point of view and focal distance;
5 - The photographic image: technical or artisanal image?
6 - The photographic record as technique of manufacture, reproduction and dissemination of images;
7 - Photography as a communication process;
8 - Photography and narrative;
As this course unit requires an active participation of the student, assessment will be on an ongoing basis with self- and hetero forms of assessment.
- Hurburt, A. (1985). Diseño fotográfico: interacción del diseño con la fotografía. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-127). Barcelona1: Gustavo Gili
- Ventura, A. (0). Para uma didática da imagem - Leitura e análise da imagem.Acedido em10 de novembro de 2014 em https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6359651/TI%20II/Leitura_Imagem.pdf
- Silveira Ramos, M. e Soudo, J. (0). Manual de Técnicas Fotográficas.Acedido em9 de novembro de 2014 em https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6359651/DTAG/1_Manual_Tec_Foto.pdf
- Melo, C. (0). Manual de Fotografia Digital.Acedido em9 de novembro de 2014 em https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6359651/manuais%20de%20fotografia/5_Manual_Foto_Digital.pdf
Method of interaction
A set of successive exercises allow the students to reflect on three basic questions: What is photography?; What's the purpose of photography? and How does photography work?
Software used in class