Design Gráfico III
Design e Tecnologia das Artes Gráficas
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 4,0 OT
- Maria João Bom Mendes dos Santos
Basics of project, design and graphic practices. Be able to interpret a graphic project briefing.
1. Distinguish between different information systems.
2. Develop self-critical skills and a general idea of the graphic design panorama.
3. Develop quality stand-alone work
1. Presentation, analysis and discussion about different information design systems: museums, leisure places, natural parks and reserves, malls, schools and others. 2. Presentation, analysis and discussion of solutions to case studies.
3. Legal issues involved in information design projects.
One project throughout the semester. The project has two assessments on stipulated dates and one final assessment (mid-term or end of semester) in which projects must be
completed and presented.
- Garland, K. (1994). Mr. Beck?s Undergroun Map. London: London Transport Museum
- Neurath, O. (1980). International Picture Language. Reading: University of Reading
- White, A. (2002). The Elements of Graphic Design. New York: Allworth Press
- Jury, D. (2007). O que é a Tipografia?. Barcelona: Editorial Gustavo Gili
Method of interaction
1. Lectures making use of datashow, images and audiovisual resources.
Software used in class