Graphic Design II
Design and Graphic Arts
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 4,0 OT
Basics of Graphic Design
1. Sketch up and produce layouts for editorial design;
2. Be able to distinguish between the different types of publications;
3. Configure paginations for different kinds of publications.
1. An introduction to Editorial Design;
2. Analysis of key illustrative examples and use of grids and fonts;
3. Pagination software;
4.Typographic hierarchy, types of page construction and visual consistency within a publication.
Continuous and final assessment. The final grade is the weighting of both types of assessment. Active participation in class is worth 10%.
- LUPTON, E. (2006). Pensar com tipos. São Paulo: Cosac Naify
- LESLIE, J. (2003). Nuevo diseño de revistas. Barcelona: Editorial Gustavo Gili
- SAMARA, T. (2007). Grid, Construção e Desconstrução. São Paulo: Cosac Naify
Method of interaction
1. Lectures supported by datashow.
2. Classes with pratical exercises.
3. Monitoring of editorial design projects.
Software used in class