Design and Graphic Arts, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 9182/2020 - 25/09/2020
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 TP + 4,0 OT
- Valter Nuno Garcez da Silva Ventura
1) Master the specific image processing software;
2) Know how to optimize images according to the type of work;
3) Master the treatment, retouching and correction of images;
4) Know how to select and manipulate images;
1. Image formats
a) Optimization of images in web formats.
b) Optimization of images in print formats.
2. Basic image corrections
a) Resizing and cropping the image.
3. Image editing, treatment and correction
a) Image adjustment in levels and curves, brightness and contrast.
b) Other image adjustment tools.
c) The image adjustment layers.
d) Application of blur and sharpen filters.
e) Sponge | dodge | burn as aids in image correction.
4. Selection tools
a) The feather, smooth, expand, contract options.
b) Color modes: grayscale and duonote.
c) The option transform: scale, distort, perspective, etc.
d) The different selection tools.
5. Image layers
a) Duplicate layer.
b) Percentage of opacity in the layers.
c) Layer styles.
d) Text input and its properties.
e) Blending options.
6. Image manipulation
a) Use of selection tools, clone stamp and layer mask.
b) Montages with several images.
7. Advanced image manipulation and retouching
a) Use of tools such as healing brush tool and patch tool.
b) Retouching and repairing old photographs.
c) Automations: application and creation of actions.
Constructive participation in class (20%).
Evaluation of group work (40%).
Evaluation of individual work (40%).
Exam: delivery of proposed individual work in class + specific individual work (100%).
- DANAHER, S. (2003). Adobe Photoshop Every tool explained!. London: Future Publishing Ltd
- LYNCH, R. (2007). The Adobe Photoshop Layers Book. USA: Elsevier Ltd
- BEARDSWORTH, J. (2005). Photoshop Blending Modes Cookbook for Digital Photographers, ,. East Sussex, UK: Ilex Press Limited
Method of interaction
Practical demonstration and explanation classes.
Resolution of exercises, execution of tasks and analysis of results.
Software used in class