Photographic Documentation Methods
Conservation and Restoration
4.5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP + 2,0 OT
- António Martiniano Ventura
Students will be provided with technical and scientific resources that will enable them to learn photographic techniques as a tool for applied work, particularly in the area of conservation/restoration.
1.Photography as a complex system
2.The object approach
3.The interaction of light and matter
4. The close-up photography: micro and macro
5.Object photography: two-dimensional and three-dimensional
6.Light sources in photography
7.Surface examination method
8. Facilities and equipments, handling care and rules of usage.
Since the characteristics of this discipline require active student participation, it will be appropriate for the assessment of learning to be done on a continuous basis. Thus, for each of the proposed Experimental Projects, developed in class, an individual technical report will be requested. The final grade will result from the arithmetic average obtained in the set of works. Examination tests must include written test, but also the presentation of individual reports related to the monitoring of Experimental Projects developed in practical class. The Exam score is the weighted average between the written test, with a relative weight of 40 points out of 100, and the set of reports presented and developed in practical classes, with a relative weight of 60 points out of 100.
- AAVV, A. (1992). Problemi di Restauro, Riflessioni e Richerche. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-150). Florença: Edifir
- Thomas, B. (1980). Light - Its Interation with Art and Antiquities. New York: Plenum Press
- Blaker, A. (1989). Handbook for Scientific Photography. London: Focal Press
- AA. VV., .. (1992). Problemi di Restauro, Riflessioni e Richerche. .: Edizioni Firenzi
- Ventura, A. (0). Fotografia Aplicada - algumas considerações gerais. Acedido em 10 de novembro de 2014 em https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6359651/foto%20aplicada/foto_aplicada%202.pdf
- Silveira Ramos, M. e Soudo, J. (0). Manual de Técnicas Fotográficas. Acedido em 9 de novembro de 2014 em https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6359651/manuais%20de%20fotografia/1_Manual_Tec_Foto.pdf
- Silveira Ramos, M. e Soudo, J. (0). Manual de Técnicas de Iluminação em Fotografia. Acedido em 9 de novembro de 2014 em https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6359651/manuais%20de%20fotografia/3_Manual_Ilum_Foto.pdf
Method of interaction
A number of structured exercises are proposed that help students understand and master the photographic processes.
Software used in class