TeSP - Automação Industrial, Publication in the Diário da República - Aviso n.º 11774/2016 - 27/09/2016
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 67,50 TP
- Carlos Alberto Farinha Ferreira
Provide the capabilities for chosing and operating of systems with actuators.
1. Electrical machines: operating principles of electrical machines; the transformer; the synchronous machine; the asynchronous machine; DC motors (motor / generator: series, parallel, compound and of permanent magnet); other types of rotary machines (motors, brushless, coreless and step). Operation, constitution, characteristics, testing, start-up and reversal of the direction of operation.
2. Adaptation system of mechanical parameters: gearboxes, rotational motion to linear conversion, efficiency, needs in terms of operating quadrants of the mechanical variable for each application.
3. Non electromagnetic mechanical Actuators: piezoelectric, pneumatic, hydraulic, etc.
4. Non mechanical Actuators: light, acustic, electrical, thermal, etc.
5. Introduction to the power electronics and its use for the control of various types of actuators. Components: diodes, transistors, IGBTs, thyristors. linear operating systems and PWM types of commutated converters and their operating principle: AC-DC, DC-DC, DC-AC.
Written test: 60%. Laboratory practice: 40%.
- Palma, J. (2008). Accionamentos Electromecânicos de Velocidade Variável. Portugal: Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
- Robbins, W. e Undeland, T. e Mohan, N. (2008). Power Electronics: Converters, Applications and Design. John Wiley & Sons. -: John Wiley & Sons
- D. Umans, . e Kingsley Jr., C. e Fitzgerald, A. (2003). Electric Machinery. -: McGraw-Hill
Method of interaction
Explanation of concepts, problem solving and practical realizations (laboratory).
Software used in class