Expertise in Art
Mestrado em Conservação e Restauro, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 9982/2016 - 05/08/2016
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 TP + 2,0 OT
- Miguel de Barros Serra Cabral de Moncada
Students should be able to understand and analyze the Art Market, know the characteristics theoretical and practical of the expertise and valuation of works of art and being able to collaborate in an expertise and in a valuation of works of art on the theme of their master's theses.
Program: PART 1 - I - Introduction: a) - Basic concepts; b) - Definitions; II - Art Market: General notions - 1 - Works of art ; 2 - Agents; 3 - 'Local'; 4 - Legislation; III - Expertise: a) - Expert; b) - Expertise activity; c) - Expert Report; IV - Valuation of works of art: 1 - Main Factor of valuation; 2 - Secondary Factors of valuation.
The evaluation is done throught the valuation of a written work with 10 to 15 pages of text, to be delivered during the exam periods
It's approved who has a minimum final ranking of ten (10) values.
- BOLL, D. (2011). Art for Sale - A Candid View of the Art Market. Ostfildern: Hatje Cantz Verlag
- AA. , D. (2004). Marché de l'Art, l'Expert dans tous ses états - Actes du colloque. Paris: Université Paris-Dauphine
- MELO, A. (2012). Sistema da Arte Contemporânea. Lisboa: Documenta
- MONCADA, M. (0). Mercado de Arte. Acedido em 20 de fevereiro de 2020 em -
Method of interaction
The program contents of the discipline are presented to the students systematically and are accompanied by various written exercises, to which students will have to respond periodically.
Software used in class