Design and Graphic Arts, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 9182/2020 - 25/09/2020
4.5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 T + 3,0 O
- Maria João Bom Mendes dos Santos
1. sensitizing students to the role of Design and designers in our society;
2. developing critical and interventive skills in the design area, particularly in graphic communication.
1. Futurism, Dadaism and Surrealism;
2. Russian Suprematism and Constructivism;
3. De Stijl;
4. The Bauhaus;
5. Jan Tschichold and the New Typography;
6. Eric Gill and the Gill Sans;
7. International Typographic Style;
8. The New Wave;
9. Americam Modernism;
10. Retro Design;
11. The pioneers of digital design
The evaluation includes the theoretical works developed in the classes (which are worth 50% in the final grade) and a final test (which is worth 50% in the final grade).
Evaluation under examination or appeal:
Only students who have performed at least seven theoretical papers during the frequency season will be admitted to the exam.
The evaluation includes, as in frequency, the theoretical works developed in the classes (which are worth 50% in the final grade) and a test (which is worth 50% in the final grade).
Method of interaction
1. Lectures supported by audiovisual resources.
Software used in class