Management and Strategy
Design and Graphic Arts, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 9182/2020 - 25/09/2020
4.5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 TP + 3,0 O
- Maria de Fátima Rodrigues Pedro
1. Identify information from the analysis of the environment and the analysis of the company.
2. Understand and know how to apply the concepts, models and techniques of strategic analysis.
3. Understand the different situations of strategic analysis.
4. Develop a critical reflection. Make decisions.
1. General notions of strategy and planning
2. Strategic analysis
2.1. Introduction to the strategic management process
2.2. Analysis of the environment
2.3. Company analysis
3. Strategy formulation
3.1. Mission, vision, objectives and strategy
3.2. Business strategy and corporate strategy, characterization and evaluation
3.2.1 Marketed Products
3.2.2 Vertical integration
3.2.5 Business Development
3.3. Auxiliary techniques in formulating the organization's strategies. Evaluation and selection of strategies
4. Matrix analysis
5. Planning and control
6. Organization and implementation of the strategy
6.1. Organizational structure
6.2. Management policy
6.3. Evaluation and control
Continuous assessment: Two mandatory assessment components: practical work with presentation and discussion 50% weighting - minimum of 10 values + 50% written test weighting - minimum of 8 values.
Examination and Improvement Assessment:
Written test at the established exam times, 100%.
- Neves, J. (2011). Avaliação e Gestão da Performance Estratégica da Empresa . Alfragide: Texto Editores
- Buckingham, M. (2005). Gestor de Sucesso. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Biblioteca Exame
- Sousa, A. (1998). Introdução à Gestão: Uma Abordagem Sistémica. . (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Editorial Verbo
- Teixeira, S. (2020). Gestão estratégica. Lisboa: Escolar Edtora
- Freire, A. (2020). Estratégia - Criação de Valor Sustentável em Negócios Tradicionais e Digitais. Lisboa: Bertrand Editora
- Grant, R. (2013). Comtemporary Strategic Analysis. UK: Wiley
- Sanders, W. e Carpenter, M. (2009). Strategic Management A Dynamic Perspective. England: Pearson Prentice Hall
Method of interaction
1. Expository method, for presentation of theoretical frameworks of reference.
2. Participative, with analysis, discussion and resolution of practical cases and consolidation of the themes presented in class.
3. Self study, autonomous work
Software used in class