Design and Graphic Arts, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 9182/2020 - 25/09/2020
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 90,0 TP + 6,0 OT
- Luís Miguel Alves de Oliveira
Provide knowledge and technical expertise in the silk screen printing process using tools, machinery and miscellaneous materials inherent to the process.
1.1 Image processing - line art and raster elements.
1.2 Silkscreen meshes; Frames; Tensioning devices.
1.3 Screen preparation (stretching).
1.4 Preparation of the emulsion and technical application -equipment?s and auxiliary materials.
1.5 Image transfer to the screen - equipment?s and auxiliary materials.
1.6 Developing - equipment?s and auxiliary materials.
1.7 Quality control - image retouch
2. Printing on various substracts with diferent originals.
2.1 Printing equipment?s and auxiliary materials.
2.2 Inks and substracts.
2.3 Preparation of the printing press.
2.5 Quality control during the production process.
2.6 Equipment cleaning and maintenance
2.7 Screen recovery.
1. Continuous assessment:
1.1. Class attendance: 5%
1.2. In-class coursework: 65% (1st assignment - 10%; 2nd - 15%, 3rd - 20%, 4th - 20%)
1.3. Written test (theoretical): 30%
Students who do not meet the following criteria will be excluded from the evaluation:
Attendance in 2/3 (two thirds) of the classes taught, and have performed the practical exercises requested with a grade equal to or greater than 10 (ten) values.
2 - Exam (all seasons)
2.1. Class attendance: 5% (point 1.1)
2.2 Work done during classes: 65% (point 1.2)
2.3. Written test: 30% (will only focus on the theoretical contents of the Course)
The student workers must agree with the teacher the methodology to be adopted so that there is due monitoring in the work to be carried out, otherwise they lose the right to attend the U.C ..
- Kiphan, H. (2001). Handbook of Print Media. (Vol. 1). Alemanha: Springer
- Barbosa, C. (2009). Manual Prático de Produção Gráfica. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Principia
- Stephens, J. (1996). Screen Process Printing. (Vol. 1). Inglaterra: Blue print
- SEFAR, S. (2006). Handbook for screen printers. (Vol. 1). Suiça: Sefar Inc. Printing Division
- Komurki, J. e Luca Bendandi, L. e Demoratti , D. (2018). Mestres da Serigrafia. (Vol. 1). Brasil: Editorial Gustavo Gili
Method of interaction
Theoretical/practical classes supported by audiovisual resources. Study/description of mechanisms and technologies for industrial, artisanal and artistic printing processes. Laboratory work.
Software used in class