Design and Graphic Arts, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 9182/2020 - 25/09/2020
3 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 TP
- Rui Miguel Sardinha Proença
1- Acquire knowledge about digital printing (DP) processes;
2- Understand, distinguish and characterize technologies, products, raw materials and consumables;
3- Be aware of DP advantages
4- Identify types of products produced with DP
5- Operating with different DP equipment
2- Fundamentals and basic components;
3- Conventional vs Digital printing;
4- Advantages of Digital Printing;
5- Various types of Digital Printing;
5.1- Computer to press;
5.7- Ink Jet;
6- Types of print jobs.
In the period of continuous evaluation, students with attendance higher than 2/3 (two thirds) of the classes and who have obtained a minimum grade equal to or greater than 10 (ten) values, both in the evaluation theoretical and practical work. The final grade will be awarded considering the following evaluation items:
70% practical work done, 30% theoretical assessment.
Students with less than 2/3 (two thirds) of classes or who have less than 10 (ten) values in practical assignments will be excluded from the exam evaluation.
The evaluation by exam or resource will focus on the theoretical contents.
- JOHNSON, H. (2004). Digital Printing Start-Up Guide (Digital Process and Print). : Thomson, Course Technolog
- JOHNSON, H. (2004). Mastering Digital Printing, Second Edition (Digital Process and Print). : Muska & Lipman
- KIPPHAN, H. (2001). Handbook of Print Media; Technologies and Production Methods. Berlim: Springer-Verlag
- Mortara, B. (2009). Impressão Digital: introdução e tecnologia. São Paulo: Scortecci
- Nickelson, J. (2017). Fine Art Inkjet Printing: The Craft and Art of the Fine Digital Print. San Rafael, CA, USA: Rocky Nook
- Jürgens, M. (2014). The Digital Print: Identification and Preservation. Los Angeles, USA: Getty Publications
- Roland, . (0). Roland DG. Acedido em 8 de setembro de 2018 em www.rolanddg.com
Method of interaction
1- Delivery of theoretical concepts using audiovisual media;
2- Analysis of printed graphics objects by digital process;
3- Practical exercises.
Software used in class