Design and Graphic Arts, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 9182/2020 - 25/09/2020
4 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 TP + 3,0 OT
1. Acquire general knowledge about ergonomics.
2. Understand the importance of ergonomics in communication design.
3. Be able to analyze communication design objects, considering the premises of communication ergonomics.
4. Know how to adopt the parameters of ergonomics in communication design.
1. Ergonomics, definition and fundamentals
2. Communication ergonomics
2.1 Principles of user-centered design
2.2 Inclusive design and visual accessibility
3. Factors and elements of graphic design and communication ergonomics
3.1 Legibility and Rules for the use of typography.
3.2 Color and its influence
3.3 Communication composition and hierarchy
4. Tools and methods for communication ergonomics
Attendance is mandatory in at least 2/3 of classes. The final grade is the arithmetic average of two works:
1. Analysis/diagnosis of ergonomics in communication objects (group work) 50% (40% delivery + 10% presentation)
2. Final project 50%.
ASSESSMENT IN EXAM PERIODS
Students with attendance equal to or higher than 2/3 (two thirds) of classes will be admitted to the exam, except for Worker-Student, according to IPT Academic Regulation, and who have presented their work during the semester, with a minimum of 7 values.
Students must deliver and present the first work and deliver the final project, corresponding to the percentages referred to.
- Lupton, E. (2010). Thinking with Type: A Critical Guide for Designers, Writers, Editors, and Students (Design Briefs). EUA: Princeton Architectural Press
- Frutiger, A. (2001). En torno a la tipografia. . Barcelona: Gustavo Gili
- Bringhurst, R. (2005). Elementos do Estilo Tipográfico, Versão 3.0. (Vol. 1). São Paulo: Cosac Naify
- Frascara, J. (2011). ¿Qué es el_diseño de información? . (Vol. 1). Buenos Aires: Ediciones Infinito
- Iida, I. (2005). Ergonomia, Projeto e Produção. (Vol. 1). São Paulo: Edgard Blücher Ltda
- Mijksenaar , P. (2001). Una introducción al Diseño de la información. (Vol. 1). Naucalpan: Gustave Gili
- Norman, D. (2006). Design do Dia-a-Dia. (Vol. 1). Rio de Janeiro: Rocco
- Pettersson , R. (2016). Information Design Theories. (Vol. 1). Viena: International Institute for Information Design
Method of interaction
Presentation of theoretical content with the support of audiovisual media, study and analysis of cases. Development of T / P assignments: case analysis / diagnosis and project development accompanied by the teacher.
Software used in class
Adobe Indesign e Illustrator