Graphic Design IV
Design and Graphic Arts, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 9182/2020 - 25/09/2020
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 4,0 OT
- Maria João Bom Mendes dos Santos
1. Distinguish between different communication design projects.
2. Develop critical skills and have a general panorama of graphic design.
3. Be able to produce quality stand-alone work.
1. Study of typeface design.
2. Structured and analytical approaches to graphic design.
3. Making effective and substantial image judgements.
4. Pedagogical and human aspects of graphic design.
5. Graphic design projects.
Continuous evaluation time:
Three practical projects will be carried out during the semester that are worth 100% in the final grade (Project I, 20%; Project II, 40% and Project III, 40%).
Time of examination or appeal:
Only students who have completed at least one work in attendance season will be admitted to the exam. As in the frequency season, students will have to submit the three completed practical projects, which are worth 100% in the final grade (Project I, 20%; Project II, 40% and Project III, 40%).
- Frutiger, A. (2001). En torno de la tipografia. Barcelona: Editorial Gustavo Gili
- Gray, N. (1986). A history of lettering. Oxford: Phaidon Oxford
- Aicher, O. (1967). Sistemas de signos en la comunicaçión visual. Barcelona: Editorial Gustavo Gili
- Moles, A. (1990). O cartaz. São Paulo: Editora Perspectiva
Method of interaction
1. Lectures making use of datashow.
Software used in class