Graphic Design III
Design and Graphic Arts
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 4,0 OT
- Maria João Bom Mendes dos Santos
1. Distinguish between different information systems.
2. Develop self-critical skills and a general idea of the graphic design panorama.
3. Develop quality stand-alone work
1. Different information design systems: museums, recreational sites, natural parks, malls, schools and others.
2. Legal issues involved in information design projects.
Will be held throughout the semester a project, to which correspond two periodic evaluations and a final in frequency or examination.
Non-attendance at periodic evaluations will result in the deletion of frequency or examination.
- Jury, D. (2007). O que é a Tipografia?. Barcelona: Editorial Gustavo Gili
- White, A. (2002). The Elements of Graphic Design. New York: Allworth Press
- Neurath, O. (1980). International Picture Language. Reading: University of Reading
- Garland, K. (1994). Mr. Beck?s Undergroun Map. London: London Transport Museum
Method of interaction
1. Lectures making use of datashow, images and audiovisual resources.
Software used in class