Graphic Design III
Design and Graphic Arts, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 9182/2020 - 25/09/2020
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 4,0 OT
- Maria João Bom Mendes dos Santos
1. An overview of the different integrated information systems.
2. Develop self-critical skills and a general idea of the graphic design panorama.
3. Carry out quality stand-alone work
1. Different information design systems:
1.1. Signage for private spaces;
1.2. Signage for public spaces;
1.3. Signage for outdoor spaces;
1.4. Signage for the city.
2. Ergonomic aspects to be taken into account in the development of information design projects:
2.1. Height and width of the information media;
2.2. Relationship between the human body and information media.
A project will be carried out throughout the semester, divided into three stages. At the end of each stage corresponds an evaluation, which is worth individually, 33.33%. The three evaluations are worth 100% in the final grade.
Students who have not participated in at least one of the assessments carried out during the semester and who have missed more than one third of the classes given are excluded from examination or appeal (presentation of papers).
All others are able to go to an examination or appeal, which consists in the same way as in the frequency of the presentation of works.
- Garland, K. (1994). Mr. Beck?s Undergroun Map. London: London Transport Museum
- Neurath, O. (1980). International Picture Language. Reading: University of Reading
- White, A. (2002). The Elements of Graphic Design. New York: Allworth Press
- Jury, D. (2007). O que é a Tipografia?. Barcelona: Editorial Gustavo Gili
Method of interaction
1. Lectures making use of datashow, images and audiovisual resources.
Development of practical work.
Software used in class