Graphic Design II
Design and Graphic Arts, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 9182/2020 - 25/09/2020
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 4,0 OT
- Vitor Dinis Carita de Jesus
1.To be able to create editorial design mock-ups;
2.To understand the typological differences between the various editorial design products:periodical and non-periodical publications;
3.Knowing how to implement and prepare the layout of each type of editorial design of the proposed graphic objects
1. Introduction to editorial design;
2.Grids and typographical styles and paging;
3. Typographical hierarchies, page types composition and visual coherence of a publication.
Continuous assessment based on practical exercises requested throughout the semester. The final classification results from the weighting of the assessment of practical work and attendance, which will be valued at 5%. Failure to deliver the work within the deadline stipulated by the teacher will have a penalty of 10% per exercise/project.
The student waives the exam with a minimum score of 10 points.
Students who have attended more than 2/3 of the classes and who have completed at least two of the proposed projects at the time of attendance are admitted to the examination.
- SAMARA, T. (2007). Grid, Construção e Desconstrução. São Paulo: Cosac Naify
- LESLIE, J. (2003). Nuevo diseño de revistas. Barcelona: Editorial Gustavo Gili
- LUPTON, E. (2006). Pensar com tipos. São Paulo: Cosac Naify
- Kane, J. (2012). Manual dos tipos. Barcelona: Editorial Gustavo Gili
Method of interaction
1. Theoretical-practical lectures.
2. Practical exercises.
Software used in class
Adobe Indesign; Adobe PhotoShop e Adobe Illustrator.