Introduction to Conservation and Restoration of Contemporary Art
Conservation and Restoration
3.5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 TP + 2,0 OT
The main objective of this course is to provide students with theoretical and theoretical-practical knowledge in the field of conservation of modern and contemporary art, particularly with regard to the conservation of works produced in the 20th and 21st centuries with new materials and techniques
1.Introduction. Concepts, ethical principles, criteria and methodology.
2. Contemporary Art production
3. preliminary examination and diagnosis
3.1. Changes, damages and pathologies ? causes and effects.
4. Conservation and restoration
5. Preventive conservation and risk assessment plan
Report and work of practical classes - 50%; Practical performance, assiduity and punctuality - 20%; Research assignment- 30%.
Minimum mark of 9.5 ouit of 20 to be elligible to take the exam.
Minimum average mark to pass: 9.5 out of 20.
- LLAMAS, R. e , . (2010). Conservar Y Restaurar El Arte Contemporaneo.Un Campo Abierto A La Investigacion. Valencia: Universidade Politecnica de Valencia
- RIAHI, L. (2006). Conservar el arte contemporÃ¡neo. San Sebastian: Nerea
- SCICOLONE, G. (2002). RestauraciÃ³n de la pintura contemporÃ¡nea. San Sebastian: Nerea
Method of interaction
Theoretical lectures. Mandatory face-to-face practical laboratory classes covering exercises (sample/test), diagnosis, methodologies and intervention on purpose-made exercises. Tutorial support
Software used in class