Information Technology for Management
Business Administration, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 3393/2016 - 04/03/2016
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP
- José António Ribeiro Mendes
1) Use Word to process text with productivity 2) Do advanced calculation with Excel 3) Experiment presentation techniques with Powerpoint 4) Analyze presence on the internet and social networks 5) Sensitize to security, privacy and data protection
1 Word Processing with Microsoft Word: configure, edit, view and format. Structure with highlights. References: bibliography, legends, notes and indexes. Insert other objects. Shared editing and review. Serial email.
2.Advanced calculation with Microsoft Excel: configure, edit, view and format. Relative and absolute addresses, formulas and functions. Insert graphics and other objects. Shared editing and review. Data and Analysis.
3 Microsoft PowerPoint presentations: configure, edit, format and view. Templates for slides, brochures and notes. Insert objects. Assign animations. Establish transitions. Shared editing and review. Make presentations.
4. Promote presence on the Internet, search engines and social networks. Information Society in Europe and Portugal. Smart Business and new forms of business
5. Security and Privacy: to know organizations and technologies related to the security of data, equipment and privacy. Data Protection Regulation
30% Individual Test - Word
30% Individual Test - Excel
40% Essay - Make a presentation on the presence, personal or organizational, on the internet and social networks addressing digital transformation, security, privacy and data protection. The essay will be developed individually or in groups.
PS-Students to exempt from exam must have a minimum evaluation of 7/20 values in each of the 3 elements mentioned above with an average above 9,5.
- Mendes, J. e Marques, C. e Silva, V. e Campos, R. (2010). Microsoft Excel 2007: Exercícios com Funções. Tomar: Instituto Politécnico de Tomar
- Mendes, J. e , . e , . e , . (0). Outra a indicar nas aulas. Acedido em 18 de setembro de 2020 em www.ipt.pt
Method of interaction
Expositive classes and classes where the resolution of practical cases is proposed.
Software used in class
Learning Management System (Moodle), Zoom
Internet, Search Engines and Social Networks.