Financial Management II
Business Administration, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 3393/2016 - 04/03/2016
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP
- Renato Heitor Correia Domingues
There are no prerequisites. Previous knowledge of Financial Calculation, Financial Analysis, Financial and Management Accounting is recommended.
It is intended that each student is able to:
1. Use instruments of analysis and support to short-term financial management decisions.
2. Support and evaluate decision-making, taking into account the company's financial balance and the appropriate dimensioning of its resources and applications.
3. Define financing and financial application strategies, taking into account the needs and resources of the company, as well as the risks and options available in the financial markets.
1.2. Short-term financial management strategies
1.3. Financial balance and stability
2. Treasury management
2.1. Cash and banks management
2.2. Optimization models
2.3. Heuristic models
2.4. Techniques for optimizing the cash balance
2.5. Internal control procedures
3. Management of working capital needs
3.1. Credit management to customers and other receivables
3.2. Inventory Management
3.3. Short-term debt management
4. Short-term financial planning
4.1. Strategy and planning
4.2. Treasury budgets
4.3. Budget management
5. Financing and investments in the financial market
5.1. Financial market operations
5.2. Financial investments
5.3. Financing sources
5.4. Risk management and hedging strategies
6. International financial management
6.1. Foreign trade operations
6.2. Foreign bank transactions
6.3. Exchange market
"Individual" (30% of Final Grade) resolution of "case studies" during the class period. Individual final exam (70% of the Final Grade), where a positive grade is required for approval in continuous evaluation.
Final Grade less than 10 => Exam (in accordance with the Academic Regulation and with a weight of 100%).
- Brealey, R. e Myers, S. e Allen, F. (2008). Princípios de Finanças Empresariais. Portugal: McGraw-Hill
- Ross, S. e Jaffe, J. e Westerfield, R. (2016). Corporate Finance. New York: McGraw-Hill Education
- Martins, A. e Cruz, I. e Augusto, M. e Gonçalves, P. e Silva, P. (2016). Manual de Gestão Financeira Empresarial. Coimbra: Escolar Editora
- Nabais, C. e Nabais, F. (2011). Prática Financeira II - Gestão Financeira. Lisboa: Lidel
Method of interaction
Theoretical-practical classes, using the expository-interrogative method, with support of the board and audiovisual media, with resolution of exercises and practical cases.
Software used in class