Data Structure and Algorithms
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 28,0 T + 42,0 PL + 5,0 OT + 5,0 O
1. Describe the commonest data structures and algorithms, as well as its advantages, limitations and applications;
2. Use data structures to solve real problems;
3. Design, develop, and test code for tackling medium- and large-scale problems.
1 - Algorithm development techniques
2 - Algorithm complexity analysis
3 - Sorting algorithms.
4 - Linear data structures
5 - Hierarchical data structures
6 - Graphs
two written closed-book tests (50%) and one final Work (50%)
one written closed-book tests
- Barnett, G. e Tongo, L. (2008). Data Structures and Algorithms. EUA:
- Cormen, T. e Leiserson, C. e Rivest, R. e Stein, C. (2002). Algoritmos Teoria e Prática ? Tradução da 2ª Edição Americana. Brasil: Editora Campus
Method of interaction
Lectures and laboratory classes.
Software used in class
Netbeans and Java