Documentary Film II
Documentary Film Studies, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho n.º 13021/2015
4 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 TP + 3,0 OT
This course is a follow-up to Documentary Film I. The students should acquire skills of analysis in the area of documentary film in order to be able to create their own documentaries.
- The challenges of direct cinema and the issue of perspective and objectivity/subjectivity;
- How documentaries question and reestablish representation mechanisms;
- The issue of memory, archive, historic history;
- Self-centeredness, diaries and the
- Written Paper with presentation (40%)
- Test (60%)
- Nichols, B. (2010). Introduction to Documentary. Bloomington: Indiana University Press
Method of interaction
Lectures and tutorials.
Software used in class