Mechanical Engineering, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 14312/2015 - 02/12/2015
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 15,0 PL + 30,0 TP + 3,50 OT
- José Filipe Correia Fernandes
The emphasis is put on the study of transformers and electrical motors, namely its classification, construction details, working principles, monitoring and working characteristics in steady regime. It is also intended that students acquire skills in testing, general rules of selection, installation, operation and maintenance, in its usage as autonomous elements as well as elements belonging to complex systems.
1. Introduction to electric systems. Fundamentals of electromechanical energy conversion
3. Asynchronous machines
4 Synchronous machines
5. Direct current machines
6. Protections, breakdowns and electric motors maintenance
Continuous evaluation: Practical assignments;
Periodic evaluation: Frequency, Exam, Examination of Appeal or Examination Student Worker.
AC - Average mark of laboratory work
AP - Exam mark
Final grade calculation formula: 50% AC + 50% AP
- Fitzgerald, A. e Kingsley JR, C. e D. Umans , S. (2013). Electric Machinery. New York, USA: McGraw-Hill
- Francisco, A. (2013). Motores Elétricos. Lisboa: ETEP - Edições Técnicas e Profissionais
- Matias, J. (2015). Máquinas Eléctricas Corrente Contínua. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-192). Lisboa: Lisboa: Plátano Editora
- Matias, J. (2015). Máquinas Eléctricas de Corrente Alternada. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-264). Lisboa: Lisboa: Plátano Editora
- Fernandes, J. (0). Apresentação das aulas teóricas. Acedido em 20 de setembro de 2021 em https://doctrino.ipt.pt/course/view.php?id=5122
Method of interaction
The learning methodologies are based on the expository method of defined programmatic contents and laboratory assignments (Electrical Installations, Transformers and Motors (both in alternating and direct current).
Software used in class